Forgot your password?    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats the difference between shared appltop in 11i and unified appltop in r12?

Oracle Administrator

whats the difference between shared appltop in 11i and unified appltop in r12?

whats the difference between shared appltop in 11i and unified appltop in r12?In both we do share the appltop across multiple nodes...then whats the difference?

Expert Oracle Administrator
    In Oracle Applications 11i , in multi node installation each APPL_TOP have its different name and files in each APPL_TOP will depend on type of Node (i.e. Forms Node will have fmx or forms related files where as APPL_TOP belonging to CM only node will have rdf or files required to run CM node)

Starting from R12, it will use Unified APPL_TOP which means all files required for all middle tier services are included in all nodes of Multi Node installation (irrespective of services running on that node).

Regards

Oracle Administrator
    tnx mdmasood , in shared appltop so we will have different configuration files for each node?you mean to say that if my architecture is forms and web on one node and concurrent and admin on one node...then in forms and web node even it is shared appltop we will be having only forms related files in that node?we wont be having rdf files? rite sir?

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

1. difference between normal exp/imp and datapump expdp/impdp ?
    By devesh_ocp in forum Core Database Administration and Monitoring
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 01:28 PM
  2. What is difference between PFile and SPFile?
    By devesh_ocp in forum Core Database Administration and Monitoring
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 03:39 PM
  3. Difference / Advantages of Oracle RMAN over User Managed Backups
    By sukhman in forum Backup, Restoration & Recovery, RMAN, Flashback, Datapump, Export, Import
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 03:01 PM
  4. Time Difference between RAC Nodes
    By Hemant in forum RAC Concepts and Administration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 08:03 PM
  5. Difference between Oracle Applications 11i and R12
    By Hemant in forum Concepts,Service Management,Apache,OC4J,OPMN,JServ,Forms, Issues,Troubleshooting,
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 11:43 PM