Forgot your password?    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RW-50004: Error code received when running external process

RW-50004: Error code received when running external process

During 11i installation i have got this error after completion of 40%
    The log details of that error is given below & also attached the screenshot of it.

ERROR: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
    ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
    Cannot create control file for PROD RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 9 RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.

Running Database Install Driver for PROD instance Succesfully changed Permissions for /u04/11i_inst/dbtier/proddb/9.2.0/appsutil/log/PROD_localhost Processing DriverFile = /u04/apps11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/template/adridb.drv
    Running Instantiation Drivers for /u04/apps11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/template/adridb.drv instantiate file: source : /u04/apps11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/template/adrun9i.sh
    dest : /u04/11i_inst/dbtier/proddb/9.2.0/temp/PROD_localhost/adrun9i.sh backup : /u04/11i_inst/dbtier/proddb/9.2.0/temp/PROD_localhost/adrun9i.sh to /u04/11i_inst/dbtier/proddb/9.2.0/appsutil/out/PROD_localhost/templbac/adrun9i.sh setting permissions: 755 setting ownership: dbtierradb
    AC-00426: Setting ownership failed for file: /u04/11i_inst/dbtier/proddb/9.2.0/temp/PROD_localhost/adrun9i.sh Raised by oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.InstantiateFile instantiate file:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jitendra; 12-28-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Please help me out from this error .I am struck with this error???

Expert Oracle Administrator
    a) Is the user who is the database owner having the required privileges on the directory where the control file needs to be created.
    b) Are you running the installation as the root user or as the database owner.
    c) Please upload the install log files.

+ Reply to Thread