Forgot your password?    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Install Discovere

Oracle DBA

How to Install Discovere

HI ,
    my database is 10.2.0.5 and i want to install discoverer tool so please tell me which version i need to install 4i or 10g .which tool need to install administrator or cline .

Please tell me complete install scanrio .
    Including pre or post all setps .if possible please attached installation doc with down load link of discovere tool.

Thanks & Regards
    Tirath

Expert Oracle Administrator
    You can install Standalone Discoverer 10G ; This can be downloaded from Oracle's edelivery site, for your OS.
    Once Downloaded , you will need to stage and then Install it. Steps are stated hereunder :

Step 1:Login to server using O/S Username and password as the Discoverer Installation Owner.

Step 2:Change the oraInventory location in oraInst.loc file to the appropriate inventory.

Step 3:Go to the stage directory ,set the DISPLAY variable to and then run the runInstaller.

Step 4: Click on Next button.

Step 5: Provide the name of Installation and also the base path where we have to install discoverer.

Step 6:Select languages required and click next button.

Step 7:Specify the port selection procedure and click next button.

Step 8:Provide Outgoing Mail Server information (If required)

Step 9: Specify the Instance name, ias_admin password and click Next button.

Step 10: This shows the components it is going to install. Click on the Install tab to begin the installation process.

Step 11:Now Installation process is in progress.

Step 12:Run the root.sh as root user to complete the installation.

Step 13:Now Configuration of the components are in progress.

Step 14:Installation has completed successfully.

+ Reply to Thread