Forgot your password?    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 11i -RW-50011: Error: - System Utilities Availability test has returned an error: 1

Angry 11i -RW-50011: Error: - System Utilities Availability test has returned an error: 1

Hi friend,

i'm getting these two error when trying to install 11i on RHEL 5 (VM box):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. System Utilities Check

These utilities need to be accessible on your system in order to do administrative tasks.
    command : /u03/apps11i/apps11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/adchkutl.sh
    Checking for make... found - /usr/bin/make
    Checking for ld... found - /usr/bin/ld
    Checking for cc... found - /usr/bin/cc
    Checking for ar... found - /usr/bin/ar
    Checking for ksh...
    System Utilities Check

These utilities need to be accessible on your system in order to do administrative tasks.
    command : /u03/apps11i/apps11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/adchkutl.sh
    Checking for make... found - /usr/bin/make
    Checking for ld... found - /usr/bin/ld
    Checking for cc... found - /usr/bin/cc
    Checking for ar... found - /usr/bin/ar
    Checking for ksh...
    Unable to find 'kshell' in path
    Unable to locate all utilities with system path.
    PATH = /usr/bin:/u03/apps11i/apps11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/unzip/Linux:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/oracle/bin

RW-50011: Error: - System Utilities Availability test has returned an error: 1
    Unable to locate all utilities with system path.
    PATH = /usr/bin:/u03/apps11i/apps11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/unzip/Linux:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/oracle/bin

RW-50011: Error: - System Utilities Availability test has returned an error: 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OS Patch Checks

running command : OSPatchCheck.checkPatch()

OS = Linux OSVersion = 2.6.18-53.el5
    Could not get Redhat version

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help!!

Regards,
    Akhil Kumar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oracle Administrator
    Hi i am also getting patch error
    Attached Images Attached Images

Expert Oracle Administrator
    Please update if this thread resolves your problem :
    Unable-to-find-kshell-in-path

Cool

Finally i have installed apps 11i.

Thanks for everyone for helping me!! just wanna tell you after doing all the OS level patching for RHEL 5 i observed the following issue after 80% of completion of installation:

Oracle Apps 11i Installation Issue in RHEL4
    You might face this error while installing 11i in RHEL4.

This error generally occurs when the installation completed 80%.

To resolve the below error, you need to exit and clean up the installation. Important point you need to concentrate while cleaning up the installation is stopping the listener 1521. If not you cant proceed with the another installation.

lsnrctl stop "listener name"

Error:

Result : FAILED ================================================== ========================= AC-50207: Fatal: Failed to execute one or more of the config tools during Context Value Management Deactivating Context Value Management System. System Exit Status: 1 ================================================== =========================
    Solution:

Login as root and check is there a file called "libdb.so.3" in /usr/lib or /lib
    File looks like this.
    libdb.so.3 -> libdb2.so.3
    If the above file does not exists, please apply the RPM " rpm -ivh compat-db-4.1.25-6.i386.rpm "

Command to Uninstall RPM:

rpm -e compat-db

Command to apply RPM:

rpm -ivh rpm -ivh compat-db-4.1.25-6.i386.rpm

#No need to relink

Run the fresh Installation!!!!!!

or one can continue with

./rapidwiz -restart as well.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread